[kepler-dev] Plans for Actor kars?

Kevin Ruland kruland at ku.edu
Mon Nov 21 09:19:49 PST 2005

Matt, Chad, et. al.

I am embarking on the simplification of the current actor kar loading
process but I cannot recall what we decided.  I do know we decided that
we would not be putting .class files (or .jars) in the current actor
kars.  But I do not remember if we are going to use plain-old-moml
documents for the actors, or a simplified kar file with MANIFEST and moml.

Leaving the kar structure *might* provide us with a convient transition
path to using complete kar files in the future.  Then again, it might not.

One final question, what is the id property in the class property of
actors?  It is populated with a value like:
urn:lsid:localhost:class:1070:1 which indicates to me that it should be
an lsid for the actor implementation class.  However, the actors which
use the same implementation (e.g. those using WebServiceActor) each have
different values in this field.

Kevin