[kepler-dev] concurrency libraries for jdk 1.4

Kevin Ruland kruland at ku.edu
Tue Nov 15 19:44:55 PST 2005

Edward,

I am not certain if these two things (java.util.concurrent and the
rendezvous domain) are solving the same problems.  Internally in kepler
we have some services - such as the object manager/cache - which must be
thread safe.  In addition, there are certain long running background
tasks such as data queries which are executed in seperate threads.
These functions are actually executed outside of the domain controlling
the workflow.

Perhaps I am not understanding the possibilities.

Kevin