[kepler-dev] Kepler distributions

Timothy McPhillips tmcphillips at mac.com
Tue May 24 10:16:22 PDT 2005

Matt,

Thanks, this really helps.  I'm still digesting the KSW and Kepler
Object Manager documents.  These technologies look like a great
foundation for satisfying the kinds of user requirements I mentioned.

I am a little wary of automatic, on-the-fly installations of executable
code (even with digital signatures), so a manual plug-in manager of
some kind would be great as well.  Dragging actors out of the
repositories one at a time is great for exploring what's out there, but
for "production" use I'd prefer to download whole packages of actors
that were developed and tested together, have a collective version
number, can be upgraded or downgraded together, are maintained by a
reputable organization, are guaranteed to be around for a long time,
can be referenced collectively in a publication, etc.

Tim