[kepler-dev] Kepler distributions

Matt Jones jones at nceas.ucsb.edu
Tue May 24 09:00:40 PDT 2005

Timothy,

My last thread regarding KSW I think addresses all of the issues you
raise below from a technical perspectice, but not necessarily from a UI
perspective.  A plugin manager UI would probably be useful to complement
the automatic download capabilities.

As an aside, our plans for searching remote repositories for KSW files
includes exploiting the metadata in KSW files.  When implemented, the
user will be able to search for actors and workflows in the left pane,
and they will find actors that are present on their local system and
actors that are present in network repositories for download.  Both of
these will show up in the tree on the left, and dragging a
network-accessible actor from the tree on the canvas will cause Kepler
to download and load the necessary KSW files to support the actor.

Matt

Matt Jones                                     jones at nceas.ucsb.edu
University of California Santa Barbara