[kepler-dev] Re: illustrator svg settings

Matt Jones jones at nceas.ucsb.edu
Mon Mar 7 12:44:18 PST 2005

Thanks, Laura.  This composite looks great.  The icons are all solid
colors and simple lines, so they should be able to be represented in the
simplified SVG that ptolemy supports.  Getting them into that format
might not be easy, however.  Illustrator, for example, makes extensive
use of SVG 'path' elements and group ('g') elements when writing out
SVG, which ptolemy doesn't support.  But we can get the developers to
get that stuff fixed, probably at a minimum creating a conversion
script.  It looks to me like we should be able to use the same SVG for
the canvas and the tree because they should scale ok.  I'm moving this
conversation onto the list so that the other Kepler developers are aware
of the issues.

Matt

Matt Jones                                     jones at nceas.ucsb.edu
University of California Santa Barbara