[kepler-dev] kepler nightly builds

Matt Jones jones at nceas.ucsb.edu
Thu Mar 3 08:54:17 PST 2005

Thanks Chad,

I'd also suggest that now is a good time for us to start being more
formal about the use of the testing framework.  As we build towards the
1.0.0 release of Kepler (see
http://kepler-project.org/Wiki.jsp?page=KeplerReleaseRoadmap) we need to
  be assured that new additions don't cause regressions in prior
functionality.  The testing framework can do that for us.  So, please...

1) Fix any broken unit tests that are your responsibility
2) Write unit tests for any new classes you write
3) Deposit workflow tests for any new actors you write
4) Backfill on older classes and actors so that the test suite is more
complete

If we do this as we go, the testing and verification process will be far
easier when we try to cut releases.

Thanks,

Matt

Matt Jones                                     jones at nceas.ucsb.edu