[kepler-dev] Demo setup...

Matt Jones jones at nceas.ucsb.edu
Wed Jun 22 12:01:05 PDT 2005

Christopher,

We're having similar issues with code growth in Kepler, which has been
part of our motivation for developing the KSW archive format for
transporting MOML models and executables.  The KSW will allow us to wrap
up functional groups of code (metadata, executables, data, native libs,
jars, etc) such as Daniel's and load them into the Kepler runtime -- all
dependencies for a module would be resolved at runtime.  This will allow
us to ship Kepler as a core framework with a series of KSW files that
represent additional functionality such as the JINI distributed SDF work
that Daniel did.  Some of the core functional KSWs would ship with
Kepler, while others would probably become optional downloads that would
be retrieved when a user is interested in that function or when a model
requires it.

At the meeting Friday we'll be reviewing progress on implementing the
KSW and supporting infrastructure, so it will be good to get your
evaluation of it there.  We have some basic parts of it in place but
need to handle the more advanced parts such as code signing.  Looking
forward to your input on that.

Matt

Matt Jones                                     jones at nceas.ucsb.edu
University of California Santa Barbara