[kepler-dev] Fwd: [VOTE] request membership for Wibke Sudholt

Efrat Jaeger efrat at sdsc.edu
Tue Jun 14 11:46:16 PDT 2005

Approve

E.

________________________________

From: kepler-dev-bounces at ecoinformatics.org [mailto:kepler-dev-bounces at ecoinformatics.org] On Behalf Of Ilkay Altintas
Sent: Thursday, June 09, 2005 11:47 AM
To: Kepler-Dev
Subject: [kepler-dev] Fwd: [VOTE] request membership for Wibke Sudholt

Begin forwarded message:

	From: Ilkay Altintas <altintas at sdsc.edu>

	Date: June 9, 2005 9:55:14 AM PDT

	To: Kepler-Dev <kepler-dev at ecoinformatics.org>

	Subject: [kepler-dev] [VOTE] request membership for Wibke Sudholt

	Dear All,

	I would like to nominate Wibke Sudholt (http://www.baldridge.unizh.ch/~wibke/)

	for membership into the Kepler developers group.

	Wibke has been conributing the existing codebase and workflows she developed

	for the Resurgence project as a trial account user. She is a chemist by training

	and currently works as the Computational Grid Lead in the Baldridge Group at the

	University of Zurich. I have been working with Wibke more than a year now and

	she had been great to work with.

	The goal of the Resurgence (RESearch sURGe ENabled by CyberinfrastructurE)

	project (http://www.baldridge.unizh.ch/resurgence/) is to build a flexible

	workflow infrastructure for computational chemistry. It shall allow

	scientists to easily combine different external application codes, to

	prepare, run, and analyze high-throughput calculations, and to distribute

	the most time-consuming steps onto a computational Grid. Up to now, the

	computational chemistry codes GAMESS, Open Babel, Babel, and QMView were

	integrated, and further extensions are planned. The Grid distribution

	interface is general and based on the Nimrod toolkit for distributed

	parametric modeling (http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/~davida/nimrod/), but we

	also would like to make other execution possibilities available.

	Please respond to the list (kepler-dev at ecoinformatics.org) within 5

	business days (until wednesday, June 15th at 5pm) with any commentary

	and a vote as follows:

	* Approve (+1) - Wibke should BECOME A KEPLER VOTING MEMBER

	* Neutral (0) -- NO OPINION

	* Disapprove (-1) - Wibke should NOT BECOME A KEPLER VOTING MEMBER*.

	*Note that a vote of Disapprove is a veto which guarantees failure of

	the vote, so if you vote Disapprove, you must provide a reason for doing so.

	If we don't get at least 2/3 of the members casting a vote, we should

	probably ask for another vote or say that this vote has failed.

	If you have any questions about this process, please refer to:

	(http://kepler.ecoinformatics.org/management.html).

	*Note that only current contributing members of the project can vote.