[kepler-dev] stack overflow problem in some kepler workflows

Dan Higgins higgins at nceas.ucsb.edu
Thu Jul 21 13:15:31 PDT 2005

Hi Efrat,

    The stack overflow error that we get with the current head of CVS on
your gravityToShp workflow has been obsessing me the last few days - why
does it work with your saved version of Kepler and not with the head of CVS?

    It turns out that the problem occurs when you try to open the
workflow - i.e. when the workflow moml is being read. I finally traced
the problem not to any actor code but to the nice icons you added for
the XSLT actor and the Browser Display actor! (Those icons do not appear
if those actors are simply dragged to the screen, so I assume you used
the 'Edit Custom Icon' command.) If you go into the moml and remove the
properties that attach the custom icons, then the workflow will open
with the newest CVS version of Kepler!!!  [The registrationModel
workflow had a similar problem that is fixed by removing the custom icons.]

    Now, I don't know why the custom icons cause this problem (perhaps
some changes in the moml parsing?), but at least we know better where to
look!

Dan

Dan Higgins                                  higgins at nceas.ucsb.edu
http://www.nceas.ucsb.edu/    Ph: 805-893-5127