[kepler-dev] More news from Cape Code

Edward A. Lee eal at eecs.berkeley.edu
Wed Jul 20 14:30:38 PDT 2005

I've added two attributes to the Utilities library
(Decorative sublibrary):
ShowOverriddenParameters and ShowAllParameters.

If you drag these into a model, then below each icon,
parameter names and parameter will appear, as shown
in the attached gif.

The first version only shows parameter values that
differ from the default value.  The second version
shows all parameter values.

Each of these attributes is actually a boolean-valued
parameter, so you can turn on and off the showing of
parameter values by just changing the value from true
to false.

In some cases, like the Expression actor, you don't
want to show parameter values because they are shown
in the icon.  To prevent showing parameter values,
just a boolean-valued parameter named "_hide" into
the parameter that you don't want shown.  I've done
that for the Expression actor.

Edward

Edward A. Lee
Professor, Chair of the EE Division, Associate Chair of EECS
231 Cory Hall, UC Berkeley, Berkeley, CA 94720
phone: 510-642-0253 or 510-642-0455, fax: 510-642-2845
eal at eecs.Berkeley.EDU, http://ptolemy.eecs.berkeley.edu/~eal