[kepler-dev] New Multiport display

Christopher Brooks cxh at eecs.berkeley.edu
Wed Jul 20 11:04:20 PDT 2005

Hi Dan,

BTW - 
At one time, I found that having diva.jar resulted in a faster startup
time than accessing the .class files.  It might be interesting
to try the comparison again.

At some point, we need to get after merging the code in exp
directory.  I'm not sure when this will happen.



    Hi All,
        You may have seen some messages about the new multiport display code 
    that Edward Lee put together for showing individual multiport 
    connections. This requires a new version of diva.jar, but simply 
    replacing that jar does not update the displays for Kepler. It turns out 
    that we had an older version in our jar directory. That older version is 
    no longer needed and I removed it from the kepler CVS and changed the 
    build file that copied it. So if you get a new checkout of kepler and a 
    new head of the ptII CVS, you will be using the new diva code. In 
    addition, kepler overrides the PTII version of the IOPortController.java 
    code where some of the new display code was added. I updated the kepler 
    version and with a new checkout, the new displays should appear. A 
    comparison of the new and old displays is below. (Nice work, Edward).
    A Ptolemy Example
    Dan Higgins                                  higgins at nceas.ucsb.edu
    http://www.nceas.ucsb.edu/    Ph: 805-893-5127
    National Center for Ecological Analysis and Synthesis (NCEAS) 
    Marine Science Building - Room 3405
    Santa Barbara, CA 93195

More information about the Kepler-dev mailing list