[kepler-dev] planned kepler-1.0.0alpha5 release

Shawn Bowers sbowers at ucdavis.edu
Tue Feb 22 19:12:13 PST 2005

Bertram,

I think these kind of additions would be good ... and the underlying
code to do them exists (except for the ontology editing part; unless you
just expose it as a text file). What doesn't exist are the gui
components -- and some may require underlying changes to the ptolemy
code itself.  I believe Chad is working on some of these issues right now.

On another note, we talked a bit on IRC a few days ago about some of the
needed infrastructure within kepler to handle these changes.  One
problem is that the only way to make an annotation, ontology change, or
any other configuration in Kepler "last" is by checking in the changes
to cvs.  This somewhat limits customization ... and is a larger issue
that needs to be addressed.  Matt suggested using their approach in
Morpho which involves copying files at startup, etc., which may be one
way to do it.

Shawn