[kepler-dev] planned kepler-1.0.0alpha5 release

Matt Jones jones at nceas.ucsb.edu
Tue Feb 22 16:34:25 PST 2005

Hi,

On our roadmap that we developed at the last Kepler meeting we said we
would try for an alpha 5 release by Feb 21 (see
http://kepler-project.org/Wiki.jsp?page=KeplerReleaseRoadmap&version=1).
  That hasn't happened but is probably still useful.  I talked with Dan
today, and we thought it would be good to go ahead with a release to try
to get some of the bug fixes and improvements that we've completed now
out there in a more accessible format.  So Dan is planning on pulling
the CVS HEAD on Friday Feb 25 and creating the alpha5 installers then.
If you have anything you want included in this release, please check it
into CVS by Thursday the 24th, and please try not to check in any
experimental code that is likely to break the trunk (use a branch instead).

A revised roadmap is here:

http://kepler-project.org/Wiki.jsp?page=KeplerReleaseRoadmap

The main differences from the previous roadmap version are that: 1) the
documentation framework isn't complete so has been moved to alpha6, and
2) the R improvements are ongoing and so have been extended to alpha6. I
also added links to the bug lists for each milestone.  The alpha 6
release is slated for April 15th, 2005 (just prior to the SEEK and GEON
meetings and the Ptolemy/Kepler miniconference), and I think we should
try hard to make that deadline.

Cheers,

Matt Jones                                     jones at nceas.ucsb.edu
University of California Santa Barbara