[kepler-dev] KSW file spec

Chad Berkley berkley at nceas.ucsb.edu
Mon Feb 14 15:28:35 PST 2005

Hi,

I've been working on a rough draft of the specification for the Kepler
Scientific Workflow (KSW) encapsulation file.  We were calling this a
KAR or KJAR file but since those extensions are taken, it is now a KSW
file.  The purpose of a KSW file is to encapsulate an entire workflow
(including actors, data, formal semantics and the workflow itself) into
one file for ease of transport and file handling.  The draft I've been
working on is here:
http://kepler-project.org/Wiki.jsp?page=KSWEncapsulationSpecification

Please take a look and add your comments to the bottom or make changes
if you see blatant errors in what I wrote.  This is a rough spec, as I'm
just trying to flush out ideas right now so feel free to point out
anything that looks weird or incorrect.

thanks,
chad