[kepler-dev] Kepler and Java 1.5

Dan Higgins higgins at nceas.ucsb.edu
Wed Feb 9 09:37:50 PST 2005

Hi All,
    Just a note on a problem I ran into that may be of interest. I have
been using the new 1.5 version of Java for the past few weeks and Kepler
seems to compile and execute just fine under the 1.5 SDK. HOWEVER, if I
compile the Kepler jars under 1.5 and then try running under 1.4.2_06, I
get errors on starting up Kepler from the MOML parser! So if we want
Kepler to run under Java 1.4.2_06, then we need to compile it under 1.4.2_06

Dan

Dan Higgins                                  higgins at nceas.ucsb.edu
http://www.nceas.ucsb.edu/    Ph: 805-893-5127
Marine Science Building - Room 3405