[kepler-dev] Web services and SRW

Fabio Corubolo f.corubolo at liverpool.ac.uk
Wed Aug 24 07:52:59 PDT 2005

Hello all,

I am new here, I am working on a Kepler actor to access IR systems with
the SRW SOAP protocol (http://www.loc.gov/z3950/agency/zing/srw/) .

I have been trying to first use the generic web service actor included
in Kepler, providing it with the following WSDL:
http://srw.cheshire3.org/wsdl/spy.wsdl

Problem is I get a single input port, where I should pass it many
parameters (including version, query etc.). Particularly, using the
included Axis libraries, the namespace for the request is not included.

I tried in different ways, also using the new Axis library (1.2.1), but
I always end up with a single input port. I understand it depends on the
structure of the WSDL file, the port seem to be waiting for a complete
"SearchAndRetreiveRequest" object, but even providing the full XML
request doesn't solve the problem, since the request gets escaped (&lt etc).

Does anybody has any suggestion or previous experience on this? As I
said, I am new to Kepler development, so I think there may be some other
solution.

Thanks,

Fabio Corubolo