[kepler-dev] kepler preference manager

Edward A. Lee eal at eecs.berkeley.edu
Mon Aug 8 12:24:14 PDT 2005

I've just checked in a change that should fix the null pointer
exception... You should now get a warning that there is no preferences
in the configuration.  The VergilPreferences class currently looks
for the preferences attribute at the following specific location
in the configuration:

"actor library.Utilities.LocalPreferences"

So, unless Kepler uses a different name for the actor library,
putting the following in the Kepler configuration should work:

   <entity name="actor library">
     <entity name="Utilities">
       <property name="LocalPreferences"
class="ptolemy.vergil.VergilPreferences"/>
     </entity>
   </entity>

If Kepler doesn't have "actor library" or "Utilities" in the configuration,
then you could instantiate these by providing
class="ptolemy.kernel.CompositeEntity".

Let me know if this helps...

I'm open to suggestions for better ways to find the default preferences
in the configuration...

Edward