[kepler-dev] breaking off a kepler-docs repository

Laura L. Downey ldowney at lternet.edu
Thu Aug 4 11:06:25 PDT 2005

I thought the point was having everything in one place -- which is important
with a distributed project.  At least that is the impression I've gotten
from Matt.

It would seem that people are "checking out" instead of "updating" with CVS
because update is much quicker.  But I think I remember Dan telling me the
other day that it is "safer" to check out than to update.

I'm fine with whatever is decided, keeping things together or splitting them
apart.  My only comment is that the more repositories we have and the more
places we have to go to get and put data (docs, code etc), the more upkeep
that is for everyone.

Laura L. Downey
Senior Usability Engineer
LTER Network Office