[kepler-dev] Kepler Alpha2 Installer Problems

Shawn Bowers bowers at sdsc.edu
Fri Sep 17 14:34:58 PDT 2004

Something to keep on the back-burner that I think would be really
useful, and even fit into SEEKs vision with EcoGrid and the more recent
conversations concerning a file-management subsystem, would be to ship a
version of Kepler that doesn't include the many actors/workflows that
have been developed.

Instead, there should be some mechanism that would allow a user to
download, install, and run specific workflows/actors or packages of
these that they find relevant.

This would make it much smaller and even streamline much of the build
process ... There are a ton of applications (even for Java) that have
this type of "add-in" capability; and I believe in many ways Ptolemy
already supports this.

shawn