[kepler-dev] Kepler Alpha2 Installer Problems

Matt Jones jones at nceas.ucsb.edu
Fri Sep 17 13:52:49 PDT 2004

Well, I think we need to work on the size of the installer.  We should
remove the GARP test data (get it from EcoGrid instead) and trim down
the installer as much as possible.  If we can make the installer itself
much smaller then machines with less memory would be able to better
handle it.  I think we do need a traditional installer, as the zip/batch
file approach is simply too unconventional for our target audience.

Matt

Matt Jones                                     jones at nceas.ucsb.edu
University of California Santa Barbara