[kepler-dev] The updated version of WebService actor: Please reconfigure your web service models!

Edward A Lee eal at eecs.berkeley.edu
Thu Sep 9 10:06:13 PDT 2004

At 08:35 AM 9/9/2004 -0800, Matt Jones wrote:
>Thanks Ilkay, this is a great change.  Its been sorely needed.  It seems
>that the choice SHOULD be dynamically refreshed -- is this just a
>limitation of the ptolemy implementation?  If so, then I think we should
>extend the implementation to allow for dynamic refreshes of the option
>list, because it would be a generally useful feature.  Its certainly
>possible in Java (by controlling the model for the choice), but is there
>some theoretical reason why this isn't allowed within Ptolemy?

I don't think there is any fundamental reason for this...
It's just the way the software is written...
I agree that it would be far better if it were dynamically updated...

Edward

Edward A. Lee, Professor
518 Cory Hall, UC Berkeley, Berkeley, CA 94720
phone: 510-642-0455, fax: 510-642-2739
eal at eecs.Berkeley.EDU, http://ptolemy.eecs.berkeley.edu/~eal