[kepler-dev] Status of ENM pipeline implementation

Matt Jones jones at nceas.ucsb.edu
Fri Sep 3 09:18:17 PDT 2004

Hi Ricardo,

Pereira, Ricardo Scachetti wrote:
>         So, how is the rest of the pipeline going, such as the GIS
> actors and the post-processing parts of it (everything after the summary
> of results)?

You should be able to run parts of the pipeline from within Kepler --
its linked as a demo on the startup page.  This shows some layer
presampling, the main GARP algorithm and the prediction being generated,
as well as the resulting image being converted to another format and
displayed.  It needs lots of work.  All of the pre-processing stuff is
missing, and the image handling at the end really needs to be more
flexible and effective (like displaying a thumbnail instead of the real
image).

Chad worked on some of the GIS preprocessing actors and implemented them
as GRASS web services that can be called from within Kepler.  My
impression was that he had clipping, gridding, and reprojection all
working, but I'm not sure of that.  I would prefer if there were able to
be run locally as well as remotely, but at this point I'll take whatever
we can get.

Both Chad and Dan are on vacation now, so they're not really going to be
available for comment for a while yet.

Matt

Matt Jones                                     jones at nceas.ucsb.edu
University of California Santa Barbara