bzhu at sdsc.edu
Tue Oct 19 17:39:57 PDT 2004
Development report from Bing:
- Design gwsdl for Ecogrid's put service and implemented Ecogrid's put
service for both SRB and Metacat systems.
- Designed gwsdl for Ecogrid's Authentication service and implemented
Ecogrid's Authentication service
for Metacat systems.
- Developed Ecogrid clients for Ecogrid's authentication and put services.
- Refined Ecogrid query for SRB to handle return fields.
- Uploaded SEEK's WhyWhere (Niche Modleing) data into SRB and developed
initial version of SRB-enabled pgm_cut
program so that it has the ability to handle online partial file data
- Re-designed the Ecogrid's registry service based Matt's design doc,
Ecogrid meeting notes and Rod's original implementation.
Implementing the new registry service
- Review and test (need a test system) all current Ecogrid services, have
official builds for those services, set official nodes to run Ecogrid
services and deploy Ecogrid client package to SEEK community.
- Write detailed help documents and user manuals for the current services
along with descriptions of Ecogrid data management
systems such as Metacat, SRB, Digir, etc, for SEEK community.
- Study the feasibility of adopting GSI authentication in current Ecogrid
- Ecogrid SRB development: rustication service, anonymous query.
- Design and Develop Ecogrid actors for Kepler
- UI (Web based) design and implementation for existing Ecogrid services
- Work closely with other groups to utilize the Ecogrid system such as
establishing Ontology registry and services using existing
- Other goals with high priorities from Matt: LSID, etc
From: Arcot Rajasekar [mailto:sekar at sdsc.edu]
Sent: Tuesday, October 19, 2004 11:18 AM
To: Arcot Rajasekar; Jing Tao; Dave Vieglais; Bing Zhu; Matt Jones; Dave
Vieglais; Rod Spears; Brunt, James; Michelle L. Murillo; Efrat Jaegar; Deana
Cc: seek-dev at ecoinformatics.org; kepler-dev at ecoinformatics.org
Hi EcoGrid/Kepler Folks (both developers and users)
Can you please send me bullets that I can include into the 20 minute
presentation about the "Status of the EcoGrid" to be presented at the AHM
I need information about:
development and design done in the past year
milestones reached in the development
data/metadata ingested into the SEEK ecogrid
applications that were ecogrid enabled
user interfaces and modules developed in the past year
user-feedback about using ecogrid
plans, goals, milestones for next year.
anything else relevant to the ecorid topic.
More information about the Kepler-dev