[kepler-dev] Problems with building kepler alpha3 installer

Dan Higgins higgins at nceas.ucsb.edu
Sun Oct 17 11:39:59 PDT 2004

Hi All,

Currently, you can find and download the zip file

kepler-1.0.0alpha3.zip

at
http://kepler.ecoinformatics.org/dist

If you already have java installed on your windows machine, you can just
unzip this to a directory, and then execute it ny running "kepler.bat".
There is no need to set any environment variables. (Relative paths are
used with all the Ptolemy code inside the top kepler dir.) The same
thing can be done on a Linux box (except that the shell script
"kepler.sh" is used to execute kepler.) (The code should also run on a
MacOSX using the shell sccript, but I haven't tested that.) I think
there are a few bugs left in the actor search and in dragging
CompositeActors to the work area from the tree, but things seem to work..

I am still working on the InstallAnywhere versions of the Installers
(which are a little easier than this zip installer and can include a
java runtime system for users who do not have one installed). I will put
them in the same 'dist' direcotry when they are completed.

Dan

Dan Higgins                                  higgins at nceas.ucsb.edu
http://www.nceas.ucsb.edu/    Ph: 805-892-2531
735 State Street - Room 205