[kepler-dev] What is this?

Christopher Brooks cxh at eecs.berkeley.edu
Thu Oct 14 13:10:12 PDT 2004

Ilkay,
Jython takes a few moments to handle the jar files,

I suspect that something else would be causing your vergil
process to hang.

In the window where you start up, try typing Control-Break to get a
stack trace.  We've tried hard to make sure that error messages get
reported to either a stack trace window or worst case, stderr, but
we've probably missed a few

BTW - I'm not at all happy with how Jython (the Java implementation of
Python) does this.  I think that using Jython in an applet or unsigned
WebStart application would be difficult.   Jacl does not have this
problem.

_Christopher

--------

    Does it take some time to load because of that or require something
    else to instantiate? Looks like my build prints
       " [echo] java.library.path=c:/WINDOWS/system32
         [java] *sys-package-mgr*: processing modified jar,
    'C:\project\kepler\build\kepler-configs.jar' "

    and it stops there without opening the vergil interface? This happens only
    in
    one of my windows machines.

    Thanks,
    --Ilkay