[kepler-dev] What is this?

Christopher Brooks cxh at eecs.berkeley.edu
Thu Oct 14 07:23:27 PDT 2004

The *sys-package-mgr* lines are from the Python actor.
It caches the jars.
Kepler is probably instantiating the Python actor at start up.
In Ptolemy II, the Python actor usually only gets instantiated when
the folder in the actor library that the Python actor is in is opened.
My guess is that this is changed in Kepler?

BTW - The actor library functionality by Chad and Shawn looks very
cool.  I've not had the time to thoroughly look at it, but it seems
like a win.

_Christopher

--------

    Where did this start coming from?
         [java] *sys-package-mgr*: processing modified jar,
    '/home/globus/ptII4.0.1/lib/kepler-configs.jar'
         [java] *sys-package-mgr*: processing modified jar,
    '/home/globus/ptII4.0.1/lib/kepler.jar'

    Rod