[kepler-dev] EML200DataSource Problems

Dan Higgins higgins at nceas.ucsb.edu
Thu Oct 7 10:46:39 PDT 2004

Hi Rod,
    I was playing around with the Data tab in Kepler and ran into some
strange behaviors (bugs?) that you may know how to fix (unless it is
just on my machine).

1) Open a new Graph Editor. Then click on the 'Data' tab and search for
'bear'. The dataset "Bears are Really big" will appear in the tree. Drag
it to the panel on the right. Everything is OK so far. [I see that now
no output port no automatically appear and that one has to "Look Inside"
to configure a table. I think it might be useful to have a default
output of the table as a string (or a parameter to set that)].

2) Before you 'Look Inside', just drag the icon around to a new
location. Three output ports appear when you finish moving the actor!

3) Now do another search (leaving the 'bears' actor in place), say for
'datos' and drag the result to the right. Now move this second actor. I
get a bunch of output ports appearing on BOTH the datos and the bear
dataset! The number for the 'bears' actor is NOT correct!

Can you reproduce this?

Dan

Dan Higgins                                  higgins at nceas.ucsb.edu
http://www.nceas.ucsb.edu/    Ph: 805-892-2531