[kepler-dev] Plan for gui modification of registry search

Jing Tao tao at nceas.ucsb.edu
Mon Nov 29 16:12:18 PST 2004

Hi, everyone:

It seems people sometimes gets confuse after clicking "Souce" buttion in
Data tab in kepler. I would like to modify it and make it more clear.

Currently after clicking "Source" button, a frame with one table and four
buttons will be shown. Tn the table, there are two columns, service Name
and Document Type, which with select boxes. People always think that
search action will search the selected service and doctype. Unfortunately,
currently the selection box is for removing: after you select the service
or doctype then you click "Remove" button, the selected services or
doctype will be removed from search list.

Here is my plan:
Remove "Remove" button. When the frame showing, every service and doctype
will be selected in selection box. If you unselected one of them, the
unselected item will be removed from search list(This functionality can
replace "remove"). If you unselect nothing, everything in table will be
searched.

Another issue is do we need selection box for "Service Name" column. The
reason I added this selection box is for user convenience. One service may
have more one document types can be search. If you check one service name,
every document type in this services will be automatically checked(and
they will be disabled). If you uncheck the servie name, the document type
in service will be automatically unchecked(and they will be enabled). But
currently we only have one doctype for search in every service, so the
check box for service name look like redundant.

Any suggestion and comment will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Jing

--
Jing Tao