[kepler-dev] Getting a file from eml2datasource

Dan Higgins higgins at nceas.ucsb.edu
Wed Nov 24 11:07:02 PST 2004

Hi all,

 I was trying to figure out how to download a file using the ByteArray
mode of the eml200datasoure. Basically on would create a workflow like
the one shown below. One sets the 'outputType' parameter of the
datasource as "Byte Array" and the 'append' attribute of the
BimaryFileWriter to 'true'. The problem is that for a big file, the data
is saves in a series of arrays, each of which triggers and output of the
file name "Test.out". Workflows to the right of the file writer really
only want to know when the complete file is availble (i.e. a single
token with the file name).

A scheme for creating a single file name token when the file has been
completely copied is shown below. It uses the BooleanSwitch actor and
the EndOfStream port to create a single output token. Does anyone have a
better way of doing this?
(I know the file is already archives in the cache and we should have a
way to just reference it from an actor.)

Dan Higgins                                  higgins at nceas.ucsb.edu
http://www.nceas.ucsb.edu/    Ph: 805-892-2531
735 State Street - Room 205
Santa Barbara, CA 93195