[kepler-dev] Re: Roadnet Kepler demo (fwd)

Tobin Fricke tobin at splorg.org
Thu Nov 4 08:52:42 PST 2004

On Tue, 2 Nov 2004, Bertram Ludaescher wrote:

> Brandon, Kent, Raja, Frank:
>
> What do you think of creating native orb actors in Kepler?

What do you mean by 'native orb actors'?  How are the existing orb actors
not native?

If you're using 'native' in the JNI / "interface to C code" way -- I don't
think there's much advantage to that, since the code that would be reused
is already re-implemented, and Java wrappers would have to be written
anyway.

> - through SRB (and SRB actors)
> - through web services (and the web service actor
> - through ssh (ssh or command line actor)

Why not just connect to the Orb directly?  These seem like needless,
complex levels of indirection.

Tobin

Rochester, NY