[kepler-dev] complex data types and web service harvester..

Bertram Ludaescher ludaesch at sdsc.edu
Thu Nov 4 07:42:30 PST 2004

Ilkay et al:

I was just trying to  harvest the WSDL on this page:
   http://seek.ecoinformatics.org/Wiki.jsp?page=TaxonMtg_Nov2004
but didn't succeed.

I think there might be  several reasons why:

(1) I don't know how to actually use the web service harvester ;-) Can
we put some info under right-click."Get Documentation"?

(2) I'm using the alpha3 so maybe the ws harvester doesn't work there?

(3) There seems to be a fundamental problem (Matt just pointed out
during our SEEK mtg), i.e., that the ws actors/harvester cannot handle
comples WSDL/XML Schema types.

I suspect that other ws clients (e.g. Java based ones) might have
similar problems in generating a good mapping from complex XML Schema
types to a Java object type (or in our case a Ptolemy complex type).

Any ideas anyone? (Is there already a bugzilla entry for this?)

Bertram