[kepler-dev] another low hanging fruit (maybe)

Edward A Lee eal at eecs.berkeley.edu
Mon May 10 07:36:18 PDT 2004

The 4.0 version has a facility for fairly easily customizing icons.
Right click on the icon and select "Edit Custom Icon". You can
also store icons in files next to the actor source code file
and they will be used for all instances of those actors (except
those with custom icons).  Currently, this has to be done by manually
editing the XML, but I hope to provide GUI support before the final
4.0 release.  See Actors->FlowControl->BooleanFlowControl->BooleanSwitch
for an example.

As for animating the icon, this would also be fairly easy to do.
There are several examples of animated icons in the wireless domain
demos, and one in the What's New tour.

Edward