[kepler-dev] another low hanging fruit (maybe)

Bertram Ludaescher ludaesch at sdsc.edu
Mon May 10 02:52:06 PDT 2004

Some Kepler users are bored (if not turned away) by the default actor
icons (blue triangle). Obviously adding spiffy icons can help overcome
some initial phobic reaction ;-)

Maybe what we should think about is also a color-coding scheme (Dan
just mentioned it). In addition (we said this before) we could have
little "LEDs" that show the process status of an actor (running,
starved, stopped,...). This will be particularly useful for Grid job
actors and web service actors. Other adornments could indicate whether
an actor is, e.g., interactive or not.

Bertram