[kepler-dev] Re: [SDM-SPA] javadoc, junit, installer for Windows

Xiaowen Xin xin2 at llnl.gov
Tue Mar 30 15:37:14 PST 2004

Hi Matt,

I think you're correct that NSIS doesn't support installing on Mac OS.

Do the target scientists use Mac OS X, or are many of them still on the
earlier versions of Mac OS?

I don't have any experience on Mac OS; do you know what kind of package
management system it uses?

Since Mac OS X is a BSD with some modifications, do you think the
scientists can be expected to know how to run a shell script?  It should
be easy to distribute a shell script (like Sun does with Java) for the
Unix users.

As for distributing on Linux, I think it would be fine to distribute
binary and source RPMs and Debs.  They are the standard on Linux.  Also,
it would be easy to write an ant task to create an RPM.

Xiaowen