[kepler-dev] Add depency in build.xml?

Jing Tao tao at nceas.ucsb.edu
Thu Mar 25 09:08:51 PST 2004

Hi, Dave:

No, you don't need to my username and password. But user should customize
the build.xml before running kepler(it is a pain:)). In the init target,
there is property named cvs.root and  current value is
:ext:tao at cvs.ecoinformatics.org:/cvs. Users can change
the value and use their own username and password. For example, if a
username is "foo", he needs to change the value to
":ext:foo at cvs.ecoinformatics.org:/cvs".

The reseaon why we add this cvs.root property is we don't want to
duplicate code. The alternative way is adding ecogrid jar files directly
to kepler/lib/jar dir. This way would not cause this issue (needing
customize build.xml), but the code will be duplicated to
seek/project/ecogrid module.

Your suggestion for asking username and password is good. But I have no
idea how ant can do that. Does anyone have some suggestions?

Thanks.

Jing

--
Jing Tao