[kepler-dev] Re: [SDM-SPA] Setting up Eclipse to access the Kepler repository

David Buttler buttler1 at llnl.gov
Fri Mar 19 15:30:35 PST 2004

Thanks for the pointer to your Eclipse page.  10 minutes earlier and I
probably wouldn't have written anything, but there are still some
differences/ new items.
I have attached a rough first cut on using Eclipse and Kepler together.
I added a pointer to the Ptolemy page as well.

A couple of points:
1) Eclipse 3.0 M7+ has the capability to do SSH2, but requires a simple
configuration option
2) I added an example of how to work-around non-standard code layouts
and still get Eclipse to compile (i.e. the exp directory inside the src
directory)  This can be fairly confusing and frustrating if you are not
aware of the work-around.
3) Eclipse has reasonably good JUnit integration (Erich Gamma, the GoF
member and JUnit developer, works for Eclipse)

Dave