[kepler-dev] Re: Fwd: Re: [SDM-SPA] RFC new directory structure

Bertram Ludaescher ludaesch at sdsc.edu
Wed Mar 17 17:43:56 PST 2004

>> These are huge (but good) changes.  Finalizing it quickly is good, but be
>> sure to give everyone time to react, considering that some key developers
>> (e.g., Chad) are traveling.  I think at least 1 week for comments after
>> the final revisions to the scheme is appropriate.  I think a formal
>> proposal and vote is warranted for a change of this magnitude.
>>
>> Matt
TC>
TC>
TC> Given this is likely to take at least 2 weeks (Chad needs to get back,
TC> comments need to be incorporate, a proposal needs to be made, a week
TC> passes, a vote occurs, then something hopefully happens)  I suggest we
TC> (LLNL) create our local repository in the "near-final" hierarchy so that we
TC> can "formally propose" and vote on it - not that I have any idea how this
TC> is supposed to work.

sounds good.

I think having these exchanges is very helpful and will contribute to
making the product better.

btw: it's really good that someone is actually pushing this directory
reorg. I know that it has been on the horizon for a while (several
Kepler folks have discussed it before I think), but noone was biting
the bullet.

until now! =B-)

Bertram