[kepler-dev] Re: [SDM-SPA] Re: Kepler Trial Release

Bertram Ludaescher ludaesch at sdsc.edu
Fri Mar 5 21:59:31 PST 2004

Matt:

I agree: we will need more formal and systematic testing (e.g., we can
adopt the Ptolemy way of doing that, or invent our own).

For now I still like to encourage Zhengang and Ilkay to push forward
with the alpha level "internal release" of version 0 (that should be
understatement enough ;-)

For example in SPA we have a long time user of earlier versions of the
tool (including hand-crafted Perl scripts) and we want to provide him
with a tool that works for him; at the same time we can learn what's
missing for the end user etc.

I guess over the next few months in coordination with all of Kepler we
will be able to provide the more systematic testing approach that you
suggest. For example for the SEEK meeting in May we should have an
improved infrastructure in place. But there is an even earlier
deadline for us, the SDM PI meeting later this month. It would be good
if, for example Terence or Arie would be able to install and
demonstrate a pre-release version then (btw: I can't make it to that
meeting).

Bertram