[kepler-dev] Re: [Ptolemy] New copy bug

Stephen Andrew Neuendorffer neuendor at eecs.berkeley.edu
Mon Jun 7 14:45:38 PDT 2004

OK, I think I see what the difficulty is here.
The problem is that drag and drop apparently resets the keyboard focus.
Before my Mac changes, mouse events were always passed to
the base class, which would result in the keyboard focus getting set properly.
However, on the Mac, setting the keyboard focus also clears the context menu,
so I modified the diva base classes to only pass the event to the base class
if it was not marked as consumed (for example, selecting a figure consumes
the event).
However, now this prevents selections from getting around to setting the
mouse focus.

I've now backed out some of my MAc fixes and tried a different way of
implementing that
will hopefully work, by putting the code that gets the keyboard focus
earlier in the event processing
before the context menus... This should still work for Mac.

Dan or Chad: Can you verify that the Mac side still works?  particularly
context menus and keyboard
shortcuts immediately after dropping an actor.

I hate debugging without test suites.

Steve