[kepler-dev] problems and fixes in cvs head of ptolemy

Ilkay Altintas altintas at sdsc.edu
Thu Jan 8 14:17:17 PST 2004

$CLASSPATH works for the Ptolemy II before we merge the Kepler code.
It doesn't work after we compile it with Kepler code.


-----Original Message-----
From: kepler-dev-admin at ecoinformatics.org
[mailto:kepler-dev-admin at ecoinformatics.org]On Behalf Of Christopher
Hylands Brooks
Sent: Thursday, January 08, 2004 2:15 PM
To: Chad Berkley
Cc: Ilkay Altintas; Efrat Jaeger; kepler-dev
Subject: Re: [kepler-dev] problems and fixes in cvs head of ptolemy

Strange, $CLASSPATH should work.  $CLASSPATH is handled specially,
> If a file name begins with the reference "$CLASSPATH", then when
> the file is opened for reading, the openForReading() method
> will search for the file relative to the classpath (using the
> getResource() method of the current class loader).  This will only
> work for a file that exists, and thus the openForWriting() method
> will not understand the "$CLASSPATH" string; this makes sense
> since the classpath typically has several directories, and it
> would not be obvious where to create the file.  The asURL()
> method also recognizes the "$CLASSPATH" string, but not the asFile()
> method (which is typically used when accessing a file for writing).
> NOTE: If the container of this parameter also contains a variable
> named CLASSPATH, then the value of that variable is used instead
> of the Java classpath.

I'm not sure why it would not be working unless there was a partial
merge where the version of FileParameter that predates the CLASSPATH


Christopher Hylands Brooks cxh at eecs.berkeley.edu  University of California
Programmer/Analyst Chess/Ptolemy/GSRC         US Mail: 558 Cory Hall #1770
ph: 510.643.9841 fax:510.642.2739	      Berkeley, CA 94720-1770
home: (F-Tu) 707.665.0131 (W-F) 510.655.5480  (office: 400A Cory)


    ok, I got the head of the ptolemy cvs to work with kepler. This is what
    I did:

    -add TextAttribute.java to the makefile in

    -remake that directory

    -change line 87 of
    ptII/ptolemy/vergil/kernel/attributes/ImageAttribute.java to be
    (instead of "$CLASSPATH/doc/....")

    -remake that directory.

    -change line 87 of

    to <property name="source"
    (again instead of "$CLASSPATH/doc....")

    hope that works for you.  if it does, maybe forward this info onto the
    ptolemy folks.  It looks like someone just inadvertantly stuck in
    $CLASSPATH when it should have been $PTII.


    Chad Berkley
    National Center for
    Ecological Analysis
    and Synthesis (NCEAS)
    berkley at nceas.ucsb.edu

    kepler-dev mailing list
    kepler-dev at ecoinformatics.org
kepler-dev mailing list
kepler-dev at ecoinformatics.org

More information about the Kepler-dev mailing list