[kepler-dev] web service actor

Bertram Ludaescher ludaesch at sdsc.edu
Wed Feb 25 17:07:32 PST 2004

Chad:

I have some questions regarding the types of data going in and out of
a web service: In my understanding, web services describe the type of
their data mostly in XML Schema, and not as Java types.

Since web services can be implemented in different languages, Java,
C#, PHP, Perl, Python, ... what is the purpose of adding Java types in
particular?

Wouldn't it be better to use XML Schema types and/or Ptolemy types and
make them part of the Kepler type system?

We just had a (heated!!) discussion here between Ilkay, Shawn, a local
web service guru (Jesus) and myself...

Maybe we should have a phone conference on that tomorrow or so...

Bertram