[kepler-dev] Re: SequenceToArray in PN

Neil E. Turner net at eecs.berkeley.edu
Mon Dec 13 22:44:47 PST 2004

I found this in the JavaDocs for IOPort.get(int channelIndex, int
vectorLength)

"Get an array of tokens from the specified channel. The parameter
channelIndex specifies the channel and the parameter vectorLength specifies
the number of valid tokens to get in the returned array. The length of the
returned array can be greater than the specified vector length, in which
case, only the first vectorLength elements are guaranteed to be valid."

If you "look inside" the SequenceToArray actor you will see the Java code...
go to the fire() method.  You will see in the code

        Token[] valueArray = input.get(0, length);

I put a print statement to see the length of 'valueArray'.  It indeed was
longer than the PortParameter 'arrayLength'.

Neil