[kepler-dev] Customizing

Rod Spears rods at ku.edu
Mon Aug 23 13:09:01 PDT 2004

We need to be able to define new parameter types in addition to those
that are in Ptolemy and then provide UI to change their values.

 From a little digging I can see that the UI for editing the parameters
are "hooked up" in PtolemyQuery.

So the long and the short of this is: Is there a way to add our own
parameter "classes" and a custom UI for it without changing any Ptolemy
code.

I was hoping there would be an external configuration file that
indicates what "editor" or UI to use for a specific class of parameter.

Or at the very least be able to add a new menu item to the right-click
popup menu for the actor and then invoke a tool that could then set new
configuration "data" back into the actor.

Thanks,
Rod