unitDictionay additions made should we do a supplemental release?

Scott Chapal scott.chapal at jonesctr.org
Fri Mar 21 07:20:02 PST 2003

Has the thinking on the unit-dictionary progressed?

What is discussed below seems a bit heavyweight to me.  Why can't a
versioned unit dictionary exist as a simple stand alone schema
document, referencable via a namespace declaration?  Considerations for
backward compatibility would obviously apply.

Working with our climate data, I found the need for:

kiloPascal
wattsPerMeterSquared
kiloJoulePerMeterSquared
Fuel Moisture % - percentWaterContentByWeight ??

Relative Humidity is presumably unitless?

-Scott