[ecoinfo] [Fwd: informatics session at CERF]

James Brunt jbrunt at LTERnet.edu
Wed Apr 22 09:26:03 PDT 2009

FYI

-------- Original Message --------

From: anne thessen <athessen at mbl.edu>
To: brunt at lternet.edu, higgins at nceas.ucsb.edu, jones at nceas.ucsb.edu,
peter.mccartney at asu.edu, sekar at sdsc.edu, kruland at ku.edu,
tao at nceas.ucsb.edu, vieglais at ku.edu, bzhu at sdsc.edu

Dear Colleagues:
We would like to call your attention to a session relating to data
management and informatics at the 2009 Coastal and Estuarine Sciences
meeting.  Session SCI-097 (http://www.sgmeet.com/cerf2009/methods.htm)
is meant to increase the understanding of informatics within the
scientific community.  We are particularly interested in hearing about
innovative software, networking environments, applications and data
management tools that can be applied to environmental science.

Please help us advertise this session by forwarding this message to
colleagues who may be interested.  The 2009 CERF meeting will be held
Nov 1-5 in Portland, OR (http://www.sgmeet.com/cerf2009/).  The abstract
submission deadline is May 15.  Abstract submission guidelines can be
found at (http://www.sgmeet.com/cerf2009/submittal.htm).  Abstracts can
be submitted on line.

We hope that you will consider submitting an abstract to session SCI-097
and hope to see you at the meeting.

Best Regards,
Anne Thessen and Steve Suttles

--