[ecoinfo] marine ecoinformatics

John Sibert sibert at hawaii.edu
Mon Jun 14 12:00:56 PDT 2004

Mark,

Thanks for your posting. I haven't received much form this list either, so
let me introduce myself.

Several colleagues requested that the Pelagic Fisheries Research Program
(www.soest.hawaii.edu/PFRP) act as a neutral information exchange depot for
data from electronic tags. We already have a rudimentary data repository on
the PFRP site, but it is pretty lame. Rather than re-invent the wheel, I
have been exploring the resources available on the Ecoinformatics site to
do the job. You can see an early prototype by searching the KNB site for
"fish track". Frankly, we have encountered quite a few problems, but I am
optimistic we can find ways to make it work.

Regards,
John

At 10:35 PM 6/10/2004, you wrote:
>I have recently joined the ecoinformatics list, my interests are mainly
>marine habitat
>classifications and related biodiversity; I am involved in the Ocean
>Biogeographic
>Information system (www.iobis.org).  As I have not had any emails from the
>list yet
>thought this may stimulate one.
>
>Mark
>~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>Dr Mark J. Costello,
>Leigh Marine Laboratory, University of Auckland,
>P. O. Box 349, Warkworth, New Zealand.
>www2.auckland.ac.nz/leigh
>m.costello at auckland.ac.nz
>Tel. +64-9-3737 599 (or 422 6111) ext 83608. Fax +64-9-422 6113

____________________________________

John Sibert, Manager
Pelagic Fisheries Research Program
University of Hawaii at Manoa