[ecoinfo] Newbie question

Matt Jones jones at nceas.ucsb.edu
Wed Jan 15 12:59:42 PST 2003

Chris,

I hadn't seen much on this EPA effort before, so thanks for pointing it
out.  The EPA effort was not actively considered while developing EML.
Nevertheless, from my very quick perusal of their framework I gathered
that they will be using XML formatted data to be exchanged among nodes,
and that the 'templates' for their data are in fact DTD and XML Schema
documents.  Thus, it seems at least tenable that they might be
interested in or willing to accomodate EML documented data as one of
their formats if there were compelling reasons to do so.

Are you involved with that effort?  Why did you ask the question?  Is
there a specific relationship you were trying to discover between the two?

Matt

Matt Jones                                    jones at nceas.ucsb.edu
http://www.nceas.ucsb.edu/    Fax: 425-920-2439   Ph: 907-789-0496