[ecoinfo] Metacat 1.2.0 Release

Chad Berkley berkley at nceas.ucsb.edu
Tue Oct 15 13:21:23 PDT 2002

We are pleased to announce the release of our XML metadata server
Metacat version 1.2.0.  It has many bug fixes and includes new
functionality to enable hub based replication and the replication of
binary data files.  For a full list of fixes and updates, see the readme
file (http://knb.ecoinformatics.org/software/metacat/README.txt).

You can download the new version from the Metacat home page at
http://knb.ecoinformatics.org/software/metacat.

Please also note, that we will be upgrading the Metacat servlet instance
on knb.ecoinformatics.org tomorrow (10/16/02) from 8:30 until about 9:30
a.m. PDT.  The KNB Metacat will be unaccessible during that time,
however we anticipate that it will be much more stable and have a faster
query response once the upgrade is completed.  Please let us know ASAP
if this time is a problem for you.

Thanks,

Chad

--