[Roundtable] Reminder: NCEAS Roundtable, Friday at 4:00, Dr. Stacy Rebich Hespanha and Jessica Bragg (NCEAS/DataONE)

Derek Gray gray at nceas.ucsb.edu
Thu Feb 14 23:44:11 PST 2013

Dear All,

Please join us for a special NCEAS Roundtable on Friday, February 15th at
4:00pm. Dr. Stacy Rebich Hespanha and Jessica Bragg (NCEAS/DataONE) are
looking for your stories on data management and sharing. Here is some
information about the discussion from our presenters:

We'll be leading a discussion about data management and sharing practices
among scientific researchers. The discussion will double as a focus group
for a DataONE <http://dataone.org/> study aimed at "Collecting 'real-life'
success stories and cautionary tales for data management."

Of course, we won't have time to discuss all aspects of data management and
sharing during this short 1-hour discussion! We will, however, try to focus
on topics that are of most interest to the NCEAS community. We have
compiled a list of
questions<http://notebooks.dataone.org/data-stories/data-stories-questions/>
that
we would like you to think about before the meeting on Friday.

We are hoping to use this discussion time to collect some stories that will
be useful for our research project. We want to emphasize, however, that
those who attend Roundtable are not automatically participants in our
study. You should in no way feel obligated to participate as a research
subject, and you will have the opportunity to let us know whether or not
you wish to be involved in the research by signing or not signing a consent
form<http://roundtable.nceas.ucsb.edu/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/20130209Consent-Form.NCEAS_.pdf>.
(If you decline to sign the consent form, we will not transcribe anything
you say during the conversation, and all audio recordings will be
permanently deleted once the transcriptions have been made.)

We would greatly appreciate your participation and it would be very
beneficial for the success of our project!

Please visit the Roundtable blog for more details: http://roundtable
.nceas.ucsb.edu

We look forward to seeing you on Friday!

------
Roundtable meetings are held in the NCEAS lounge at the National Center for
Ecological Analysis and Synthesis, 735 State Street, Suite 300
(Directions<http://www.nceas.ucsb.edu/contact>
).

The NCEAS Roundtable blog <http://roundtable.nceas.ucsb.edu/> contains
information about past meetings and a calendar of future events.