[Info] NSF SEES Fellows Solicitation

Patino, Lina C. lpatino at nsf.gov
Fri Aug 19 04:45:56 PDT 2011

Dear Colleague,

I'm sending this email to inform you of a new program solicitation just
released by NSF -

NSF Science, Engineering and Education for Sustainability Fellows - NSF
SEES Fellows

http://www.nsf.gov/funding/pgm_summ.jsp?pims_id=504673

A sustainable world is one in which human needs are met equitably
without harm to the environment, and without sacrificing the ability of
future generations to meet their needs.  Meeting this formidable
challenge requires a substantial increase in our understanding of the
integrated system of society, the natural world, and the alterations
humans bring to Earth.  NSF's Science, Engineering, and Education for
Sustainability (SEES) activities aim to address this need through
support for interdisciplinary research and education.

SEES postdoctoral fellows will receive up to 3 years of funding to
conduct research, establish partnerships, and advance their professional
development.

The Proposal deadline is December 5, 2011.

General inquiries regarding the NSF SEES Fellows program should be made
to seesfellows at nsf.gov.

Please share this information widely.

Best regards,